**BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS & UPDATES HERE!**
Elementary #1 Highlights:
- The new elementary school will be constructed on the current Olmsted site and will be a 2-story, 4-section building (i.e. each grade level will have 4 sections).
- The main entry will be on the north side of the building with a safe and secure vestibule/double entry system.
- Preschool will have its own entrance and own play space with K-5 having a separate play area.
- There will be a separate bus drop off/pick up area from the main entry drop off/pick up lanes.
- Students and educators can enjoy outdoor learning opportunities in the courtyard nestled between the two main wings of the building.
- In case of a severe weather emergency, the school will be equipped with a safe room that all students and staff can take shelter inside.
- A natural palette for the exterior with subtle use of color will welcome families into a school full of natural light and flexible spaces that are conducive to supporting learners now and into the future.
- Construction will begin June 2019 and will be completed in the summer of 2021 in order to welcome students and staff for the 2021-22 school year. During the 2-year construction phase, Olmsted students and staff will be relocated to Jensen Elementary and Karen Acres Elementary.
Elementary #1 Estimated Costs:
- Total estimated costs for the design and construction of elementary #1: $29 Million. This will be funded through general obligation bonds.