**BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS & UPDATES HERE!**
We’re excited to share the following overview highlights of elementary school #2 and renderings by DLR Group. Learn more about the project by viewing the presentation and recording from the Valerius Neighborhood Meeting that was held via Zoom on February 20, 2021.
DLR Renderings February 2021
Elementary #2 Highlights
- The new elementary school will be constructed on the current Valerius site and will be a 2-story, 4-section building (i.e. each grade level will have 4 sections).
- Design and construction elements will align with those from the new Olmsted Elementary building, while taking into consideration the constraints and needs of this specific site.
- During the October 12, 2020 School Board Meeting, the School Board voted in favor of an earlier construction start date for our second new elementary school (on the Valerius site) which means construction will begin summer (2021) with completion fall 2023.
- As all students and staff currently at Jensen Elementary will be moving to the new Olmsted Elementary building fall 2021, we will honor and retire the existing Jensen Elementary building with a celebration and farewell ceremony. We will also honor the existing Valerius Elementary building with a celebration and farewell ceremony. The Jensen building will then be able to support all Valerius students and staff for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 school years. We will provide busing for Valerius students attending school in the former Jensen Elementary building space.
- Throughout the year our District Facilities Leadership Team will be meeting to proactively plan and prepare for a successful transition for all students and staff. We will share more information as details and logistics are confirmed.