Breaking Ground For Our New UHS Fitness Center
It’s official! The Urbandale High School Fitness Center construction is underway and we couldn’t be more thankful to everyone who has contributed to making this special day happen. Construction will continue through the 2019-20 school year and is scheduled to be completed spring 2020 (next spring!).
Fitness Center Overview:
- Our design and construction partners for the Fitness Center include: DLR Group (design) and Rochon Corporation (construction).
- The new space will feature an approximate 3,800 sq ft multi-purpose fitness area with flooring to support a host of activities such as yoga, cheer practice, and dance practice.
- Also featured will be an approximate 9,300 sq ft weight/fitness area that will accommodate free weight training, and speed and agility enhancement with a single lane of track and of turf.
- Approximately 4,900 sq ft will include circulation areas, lobby, new concessions, and new restrooms that support activities in the two existing gymnasiums.
- The Fitness Center will support general wellness of all UHS students as the spaces will be incorporated into the daily academic Physical Education (P.E.) program. Spaces may also support Urbandale Community Education Classes.