September 2021 Design and Construction Update
District Administration is working closely with our design team (DLR Group) and contractors (Stahl for Elementary School #2). Below you’ll find an updated summary of actions that have been taking place for multiple construction projects.
- Finish on the gym floor completed 9/24/21; 7-day cure time.
- Glass handrails on south stairs completed; handrails on north stairs will be completed 9/24/21.
- Grading has been completed; landscaping and irrigation in progress.
- Playground equipment in progress.
- Delivery of the composite fencing to replace the existing property fence has been delayed until November.
Elementary School #2 (Valerius site)
- Scheduled to open Fall 2023-24.
- During the September 13 Consent Agenda Board Meeting, the Board approved:
- Construction contracts in the amount of $27,989,159 for the construction of Urbandale Elementary School #2.
- Construction Testing and Special Inspections Contract as continuation of earlier provided design phase Geotechnical Services for Terracon Consulting Engineers for services during the construction of the Urbandale New Elementary School #2.
- Demolition of the Valerius building has been completed. Bricks from the Valerius building are available for community members wishing to have a brick as a keepsake. Please review the following information.
- Underground sewer work and site utility work have started.
PPEL PROJECT UPDATES
UHS HVAC Renovations
- Several punch list items are outstanding and are being addressed.