October 2021 Design and Construction Update
District Administration is working closely with our design team (DLR Group) and contractors (Stahl for Elementary School #2). Below you’ll find an updated summary of actions that have been taking place for multiple construction projects.
- Training took place on Tuesday, September 21.
- Floor is installed.
- Floor finishing is complete.
- Bleachers are installed.
- Glass Handrails
- All material is installed.
- Two glass pieces are on site and will be installed this week.
- Learning Stair Wood
- Due to the smell of the finishing process, this material will be installed over winter break, however Stahl is working on a plan to get the wood installed the week of November 1st and protected so that the only remaining process will be the urethane finish. That finish will be done over Winter break.
- Exterior Sitework
- Grading has been completed.
- Irrigation system is being installed and then plantings and sod will follow.
- Fencing is complete except for composite fencing that is still on backorder and the south side of the detention basin. ETA for delivery of the composite fencing is the first week of November.
- Punch List
- Areas A & D are essentially complete. Areas B & C are in process at night. There are some door hardware and electronic sound items still on backorder.
- Preschool playground is complete. Anticipate large playground ready for kids next week.
Elementary School #2 (Valerius site)
- Scheduled to open Fall 2023-24.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony scheduled for October 26 from 4:30-5pm at the former Valerius Elementary site. Please review the following information.
- Demolition of the Valerius building has been completed. Bricks from the Valerius building are available through October 31 for community members wishing to have a brick as a keepsake. Please review the following information.
- Site Demolition
- Completed minus the entry road off west side and 90th St.
- In Progress. The site is roughed in. Finish grading ongoing.
- Working through logistics regarding public sanitary sewer, manholes, and installation of the new line.
- Storm sewer material is ready and available; Hentges will work on that portion while waiting on the remaining sanitary sewer manholes.
- Building Work
- Stahl is in the process of meeting with contractor groups to determine material delivery times and finalization of the schedule. Due to the nature of the fabrication and construction market, steel bar joist material has been a concern. ETA for steel bar joist delivery is currently scheduled for May 2022.
- Ground improvement piers started in October, will then start footings in area C and then move to area A. This will allow the structural masonry to follow the footings and be ready for steel erection in May 2022.
PPEL PROJECT UPDATES
UHS HVAC Renovations
- Several punch list items are outstanding and are being addressed.