February 2022 Design and Construction Update
District Administration is working closely with our design team (DLR Group) and contractors (Stahl for Elementary School #2). Below you’ll find an updated summary of actions that have been taking place for multiple construction projects.
- Learning Stairs – Completed over winter break.
- Exterior Sitework
- Replacement fencing separating the school from the houses on the East side began 12/14/2021.
- Other fencing is complete except for composite fencing on the south side of the detention basin. We are looking at approximately 30 days.
- Punch List
- Paint touch-ups throughout the building are occurring overnights with workers in the building on a 4pm-2am shift.
- Barn doors, casework, ceiling tiles are all being worked on during the night shift.
- The larger-scale sound system installation in the Olmsted commons/lunchroom and the gym is now expected late February early March. Lighting controls and programming are now complete.
Elementary School #2 (Valerius site)
- Scheduled to open Fall 2023-24.
- Footings are in place.
- Parking lot will be completed by year end.
- Building Work
- Stahl is in the process of meeting with contractor groups to determine material delivery times and finalization of the schedule. Due to the nature of the fabrication and construction market, steel bar joist material has been a concern. ETA for steel bar joist delivery is currently scheduled for May 2022.
- They are currently laying the block for firewalls and storm shelter walls in a shelter and putting them in place as some steel arrives.
PPEL PROJECT UPDATES
UHS HVAC Renovations
- Several punch list items are outstanding and are being addressed.