April 2022 Design and Construction Update
District Administration is working closely with our design team (DLR Group) and contractors (Stahl for Elementary School #2). Below you’ll find an updated summary of actions that have been taking place for multiple construction projects.
- Exterior Sitework
- Replacement fencing separating the school from the houses on the East side is now complete.
- Other fencing is complete except for composite fencing on the south side of the detention basin. The fencing is near completion as the heights have all been adjusted and concrete was poured 4/18/22.
- Punch List
- Paint touch-ups throughout the building are occurring nightly with workers in the building on a 4pm-2am shift.
- Barn doors, casework, ceiling tiles are all being worked on during the night shift.
- The larger-scale sound system installation in the Olmsted commons/lunchroom and the gym is now complete. Lighting controls and programming will be readdressed 4/22/22.
- Allegion is sending a representative to do a 6-month review of door hardware to help resolve issues. The installers are working through these on their punch list.
Elementary School #2 (Valerius site)
- Scheduled to open Fall 2023-24.
- Footings are in place.
- Parking lot will be completed by year end.
- Building Work
- Stahl is in the process of meeting with contractor groups to determine material delivery times and finalization of the schedule. Due to the nature of the fabrication and construction market, steel bar joist material has been a concern. ETA for steel bar joist delivery is currently scheduled for late April 2022.
- They are currently laying the block for firewalls and storm shelter walls in a shelter and putting them in place as steel arrives.
- Storm shelter walls are now in place. Footings have been poured in area B and additional footings are being installed in areas C and D. The masons are now moving to areas A and D (classroom wings) to start erecting block walls as well as the gym area.
PPEL PROJECT UPDATES
UHS HVAC Renovations
- Several punch list items are outstanding and are being addressed.