May 2022 Design and Construction Update
District Administration is working closely with our design team (DLR Group) and contractors (Stahl Construction). Below you’ll find an updated summary of actions that have been taking place for multiple construction projects.
- Punch List
- Paint touch-ups throughout the building are occurring nightly with workers in the building on a 4pm-2am shift.
- Barn doors, casework, ceiling tiles are all being worked on during the night shift.
- The larger-scale sound system installation in the Olmsted commons/lunchroom and the gym is now complete. Lighting controls and programming have been readdressed.
- Allegion is sending a representative to do a 6-month review of door hardware to help resolve issues. The installers are working through these on their punch list.
- Scheduled to open Fall 2023-24.
- Gravity wall on the south side will begin early June.
- 92nd street road prep began mid-May.
- Area A classroom wing-decking and joist work are in process and on time
- Mechanical and Electrical underground work are scheduled for completion mid-May.
- Area C Gym and commons: Stage and floor deck are poured. The steel for area C arrived mid-May.
- Elevator pit and curbing are complete.
- Area D Classroom wing: Footings are scheduled for completion mid-May.
- Stahl has had to make a few sequence changes due to the weather, however this keeps the project moving forward. Everything is still on schedule.
- Please see progress photos below; photos courtesy of Stahl Construction.